Monday, January 26, 2009

Aussie Gold!!!

Today was Australia Day and to celebrate the occasion we Australian residents of Wolfenbüttel gathered our Australiana and wallowed in all things that make our country great - mostly food and alcohol. We made meat pies, pavlova, lamingtons and vegemite on toast. Sipped Australian wine and beer, listened to Australian music and watched a bunch of Aussie things on the telly. 

I was introduced to Tim Minchin an Australian comedic singer who is quite awesome. Check out the attached videos of my two favourite songs of his that I have seen so far (well a song and a poem). They are absolute GOLD!!!

INFLATABLE YOU




ANGRY (feet)



2 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

first I was going to write about how funny the song was. But then I got distracted by his playing. Man, this guys a triple threat. and hilarious to boot.
good find!
Sounds like you had a lovely australia day. How many australians are over there? I hardly see any here.. sigh. come to think of it, i don't see too much of anyone! :-P

Gillen xx said...

There are 3 of us - myself and a couple, Mel & Andrew, who live around the corner. Plus Andrew's dad and sister are visiting at the moment so 5 of us in total!