I saw this quote today and it struck a chord with me:
"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg
It´s not always about religion, sometimes it´s about land, but when the two get combined it spells disaster for all involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like this quote a lot. The righteous have been responsible for a lot of atrocities.
Religion is only one of the excuses people use, but if there was no religion there would be many many more reasons for "good" people to do evil things.
The following is quoted from Catch-22:
'They will also find you guilty,' Major Danby recited, 'of rape, extensive
black-market operations, acts of sabotage and the sale of military secrets to the enemy.'
'How will they prove any of that? I never did a single one of those things.'
'But they have witnesses who will swear you did. They can get all the witnesses they
need simply by persuading them that destroying you is for the good of the country.'
Post a Comment