Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Viking Festival - strangely no raping or pillaging in sight!

On my first full day we had an adventure into the nearby Harz mountains to visit a local Viking Festival at the ruins of Regenstein Castle. We enjoyed the snowy countryside, the demonstrations of viking life (but no raping and pillaging!) and we drank mead which actually didn't taste anywhere near as bad as it smelt (this is probably only exciting for people who read fantasy novels like Mazza and myself). On the way home though the temperature dropped so low that I thought I was going to die! I have a lot of acclimatising to do!





2 comments:

A Fly on the Wall said...

oh absolutely LOVIN the blogging!! i knew you would be fantastic at it!!

I actually really want to taste meade - for somereason i thought it was more british than german!

what's the temp btw?

and comeon... remove the word verification!! too hard for my little brain!! :-P

Anonymous said...

REAL Mead!! That is exciting. I always imagined it to be in bigger mugs though whenever it was mentioned in novels. The kind you could clash together and have it slop all over the side!

Although I must say, by the look of Martina's face, are you SURE it didn't taste as bad as it smells!
;) L.