Friday, May 30, 2008

Talented People

I've been lucky enough in my travels to meet a lot of talented people. I've introduced you to Chris and Caroline's blog - which has provided me with several hours of entertainment. Now I would like to introduce you to Laura - another co-traveller from Egypt. Laura is an amazingly creative person who makes up awesome jokes at the drop of a hat that had us in stitces on the trip, she studied animation at uni and has a couple of examples of her work on youtube that I have attached.


WILBUR


I love Wilbur and can't even comprehend the patience, imagination and skill that it must have taken to make this video. Wilbur took 6 months to complete- from concept to set and model construction to animation and the finished thing!


EVIL LITTLE JONO


Little Jono is a little creepy. A much simpler animation that is still awesome! It took about 5 weeks to create from story to movie- 3 weeks were spent in a dark room animating cut-outs under camera.

1 comment:

A Fly on the Wall said...

I loved wilbur! you're right, it's amazing when you think about someone actually going thru the process of moving the little clay figures bit by bit...! and so much creativity. That's something which is truly admirable. You know what i was really impressed with? and it sounds really silly, but I liked the meat!
nice people you met on your trip. :-)